Fund for The Gifted
Applications are currently closed and will re-open in Spring 2018
Active York's successful Fund for the Gifted grants programme has supported dozens of York's top
young athletes over the last 5 years and is now being relaunched to include a strand of funding
to support York's young coaches get higher coaching qualifications.
The Fund for the Gifted (FFG) is an Active York initiative that aims to assist young talented athletes
and their coaches to achieve their full potential in sport through the provision of financial and
specialist sport support. Athletes and coaches must reside in York, aged between 10 and 24
and be competing, or coaching athletes, at district level or above.
FFG has two separate support areas:
A) Young Athlete Scheme
B) Young Coaches of Talented Athletes Scheme
FFG Awards are only available to those athletes and coaches who:
• Perform in a sport with a National Governing Body that is recognised by Sport England.
• Are competing, or coaching athletes, at district level or above
• and have the potential to achieve higher success.
• Are able to clearly demonstrate that to reach their performance potential
• they require additional financial and/or specialist sport support
• Do not have access to other sources of funding - eg in receipt of any similar award provided
• by their National Governing Body or for example from TASS, SportsAid etc.
Applications are welcomed throughout the year. Active York has a sub group of board members
nominated as the FFG Awards Panel who meet six times a year to review the applications and
make objective decisions using the FFG criteria.
To learn more about the scheme and the criteria download the FFG application form here.
FFG athletes being recognised at the 2015 Active York Sports Awards - Photo courtesy of York Press