• You only need 30 minutes of moderate exercise a day to boost your happiness and health.
• As long as it is done in 10 minute bursts or more, this exercise can be things like cycling to work,
• playing outside with friends and family, or even walking briskly to the shops. So, it's easy to fit
• into busy lifestyles.
• Like a lot of people in York you’re probably close to hitting your target of 30 minutes a day.
• There are lots of easy ways you can reach your 30 minutes in York.
• Top tip: do something you enjoy!
Look for the Just 30 logo on activities around the city and follow us on twitter
The amount and type of physical activity you need to do each week is determined by your age. The pages on
the left have some age specific information, as well as ideas and links to help you Get Active - Live Well.
If you just want to learn more about your options in and around York try the Sports and Fitness page.
Inclusive and Disability sport and physical activity
If you're disabled or have additional needs, York has a huge variety of sport and physical activity opportunities.
Please download the easy read disability sports booklet for info about the latest opportunities in the city.
Major events coming up in the city are also featured in this booklet, so make sure you add them to your diary.
If you have any questions then the City of York Council disability sport and physical activity team
are always happy to help. Email the CYC disability sport and physical activity team on
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
It may also be worth trying the connect to support website for more information.
Get Yourself Active launches a new series of films
The Get Yourself Active project have made a brand new series of films following disabled
people who are getting active in a way that is right for them… and owning it!
For more info, please visit this disabled people getting active page.